Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday....

Was a busy Saturday for me.  Went to Target in the morning...had to get some vitamins.  Although I'm feeling better than last week, I'm still kind of weak.  I "helped" Scott move my mom's entertainment center to the Storage Shed and I ended up dropping my end.  The unit only lost one of the plastic wheels, but I know Scott was a little peeved that I dropped it.  I didn't do it intentionally; and I think he realized that eventually.  I hate not having the strength I had!  So, that's why I'm going to start vitamins.

After Target, Scott and I went to Chase Road Growers in Thompson to get some veggie plants and cemetery pots.  I love that place!  And the people are so nice too.  Then it was off to the cemeteries.  When I got to my dad's, the caretaker kind of ticked me off.  I had the pot of pansies that I put there a couple of weeks ago (that was for the whole Noon family), and I put a purple pot on my dad's, and a pink pot between my Grandma and Grandpa Noon.  Well, I don't know if the caretaker was "on watch" or something, but he tells us we can't plant the flowers there.  I have never done that.  Then he started talking about the "by-laws" (which we have yet to see), and said that next year he wanted only 1 plant per family plot!  I was very upset by this.  How can he say that?  What if there a huge family?  What if it's grandparents who have 10 grandchildren and they want to put flowers there?  Now they can't?  That's poo!!!!!  My dad paid for the plot of seven, my mom sends donations to the Pomfret Cemetery Association.  And only one pot?  I don't think so!  I could see if it was trashy or something, but it's not.  I think they are the caretaker's by-laws.  And then he goes to me, "Oh, don't tell your mother...it will make her upset."  Her?  What about me?  And believe me, I was!   What's next?  Close the cemetery?  I know my dad's not really there, but that's not the point!

Ooooooooooooohhhhh.....

I'm getting ticked...I better stop about this...I'm getting steamed again...

So after that, we went and got clamcakes at Hank's Dairy Bar.  They were yummy = )

Then we came home and mowed the lawn.  I was doing the push mower, but I was getting pooped pretty fast.  Scott gave me the rider to use while he did the other.  So I know I need some kind of boost for my system.

Tomorrow is a quiet day, I think.  Then back to work on Monday.  I have vacation in August, so I'm counting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment