Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Steamy Sunday....

Boy, it's HOT!!!!  Yesterday was warm too.  Summer feels like it's coming.

Scott and I did some work for his mother yesterday.  Then we had chinese with her for lunch.  Then I brought some pansies to the cemetary for my Dad.  He wasn't a flower person (that's what the weed eater was for, he thought!), but it made me feel better to know that he had some Spring flowers there.

Not too much excitement here.  Which is good.  Work is slow, as usual. 

It was a rought week last week for my mom.  Thursday was the funeral for my uncle Louie (her brother).  I know I shouldn't say this, but it was nice.  A very simple graveside service.  Because Uncle Louie was very simple too.  Both my mom and I had chills off and on days prior to the service and just felt drained.  At least now he's at peace...no more brace for his leg, no more hearing aids.  Just carefree and healthy.

The house is very quiet today.  Scott's been sleeping the day away (says he's fine, but tired).  And my mom's been sleeping too.  Me?  Just trying to amuse myself.  And stay cool!  (Janet, that Sweet Tea sounds mighty good right now!)

I have finally read 1 book from my many stacks of novels.  "The Nazi Officer's Wife" by Edith Hahn Beer.  It's about "how one Jewish woman survived the Holocaust" during World War II.  It was a very, very good read.  She was put in the Vienna ghetto then sent to a labor camp.  She returned home to Vienna, then went underground.  She did survive the war with a Christian identity and married a German Nazi soldier during the war who knew she was Jewish. 

The horrors that they went through.  I cannot even fathom it.  How another "human being" (not that they were human) could treat another human being like that....

So, this is a very quiet Sunday.  Not bad to have one of them once in a while.  Monday will be here soon enough.

And now, some Yankee weather wisdom!  = )  (from the "Yankee Weather Proverbs" book)

A cold wet May means a barn full of hay..

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I made me a jug of sweet tea this week! It was so sweet it made my teeth hurt :-) And I loved every sip of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Jan! My great aunt used to make a sweet tea that was more sugar than tea. That was good stuff!

    ReplyDelete