Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Why?

Scott got some sad news from West Virginia Monday night.  His Uncle Donald has Stage 4 cancer; in the esophaugus (I know I didn't spell that right) and on the liver.  Scott's Aunt Annie (Uncle Donald's wife) is going in for surgery on Friday because they have to pull down her stomach from behind her lungs and heart.

I just don't understand.....

Why do such evil things happen to such nice people?  These things should happen to criminals and evil people.

Scott is very close to his Uncle Donald; he was the best man at our wedding.  Uncle Donald is a fun type of person.  He's always joking around, and he sometimes can be a male chauvinist.  But I can give it right back to him (and Aunt Annie cheering me right along!)  They both made me feel very welcome the first time I met them.

Scott and I weren't planning to go to West Virginia this year; but with this news we'll probably go in the summer.  I have a vacation then and Scott put in for one.

So that's why I titled this blog "Why?"  because I just don't understand why.

And the hexagon afghan I'm working on?  I decided that I wanted to give it to them.  They let Scott and I stay at the house while they were away and they always want us to come and visit them.  So I decided that I would do that.  I can always make another one for myself.

It's been very, very hot the past couple of days.  Hopefully this spell breaks soon.  I'm not ready for summer yet.

1 comment:

  1. oh nancy, I'm sorry about your uncle donald. that sucks big time. you and scott are in my thoughts.

    p.s. did the lyme test come back yet?

    ReplyDelete