Sunday, April 25, 2010

28 YEARS!!!!!!

28 Years!  That's how long it has been since I have seen 2 of my friends from grammar school...I have decided today that I am OLD!  (Actually I know I'm old, but now I know I am!)

The two friends I saw was Kristen Franklin Donovan and Penny Wong. And I met their friend Tia from their High School.  It was a great afternoon.  We went to the Vanilla Bean Cafe in Pomfret.  I had never been there (and I'm from Pomfret I must add). 

This is the inside of the Vanilla Bean Cafe.  It used to be an old barn.  For more info, go to http://www.vanillabeancafe.com/

I had a slice of the out of this world Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.  It was absolute heaven!  But the best thing was seeing my friends and making new ones.

After the Bean, I went to Hazelwood Art Gallery on Route 44 in Pomfret.  Oh, the crafts in there!  A lot of glass.  (No I didn't break anything, thank goodness!)  Everything is handcrafted and beautiful!  I bought a Mother's Day gift for my mom, a book of Yankee Weather Lore (my dad's family were true Yankees) and a Moon Pill Box.  I love sun, moon, and star collectibles.  At least now I can say I've been to two places in Pomfret - the Bean and Hazelwood.  One of these days I want to go to Celebrations on Pomfret Hill.

Today I visited with my Uncle Alan and Aunt Connie in Putnam.  It was a nice visit.  My uncle reminds me so much of my dad (they were brothers).  It was good to see them both.

So it's back to work tomorrow.  Need I say more?  I'm already ready for another weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment