Friday, April 9, 2010

Start of vacation

Vacation!!!! What a lovely word! ahhhhhhhhhh......

It was raining today (good, I don't have to water the flowers tonight!). Scott was a little disappointed; he wants to work on his truck. This time it's putting on some hitch thing to tow the trailer around. I don't think it's ever over for all the gadgets guys want on their trucks. sigh....I keep telling myself it could be worse.

No big plans for vacation....just relaxing and vegging out. Would like to go to Barnes and Noble one day (hint, hint Scotty) and definitely go to We-Lik-It Ice Cream in Abington too. A word of caution though - don't get the Mashmoquet Mud unless you have extra clothes with you or a bib. It's soooooooooooo good, but you know how a pig likes to lay in mud? Well, I wore it the one time I had it. Shirt and shorts. Thank goodness my parents live in Pomfret. I was so humiliated! Of course, Scott thought it was hilarious! When I got to my parents' house, my dad saw me and said "What the h*%& happened to you?" I told him and he said "That's my daughter." I still have to laugh about that, even now.

I absolutely LOVE Barnes and Noble. It sounds silly, but I love the smell when you walk in the doors. Like a kid in a candy store I guess. I always head to the mag section first to check out the knitting, crocheting and quilting magazines. Then I check out the novels and the staff suggestion books. Then it's off to the crafting books. Like I need more books. My bureau has at least two stacks of books to be read, not to mention the footstool has some hidden in there. It's awful! But I always manage to find something new.

Anyways....it looks like it's trying to clear up. Maybe I'll tackle one of my afghan ideas this afternoon??? My hand are itching to handle some yarn. And I definitely could open a yarn store of my own. So I need to start using that too.
Oh the tangled webs we weave!

No comments:

Post a Comment