Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter! It looks like another gorgeous day outside. The sun is shining and the birds are chirping...sounds like a song to me!

Scott is glad the sky has cleared up. He bought some more lights (sigh) for his truck...this time for the front. I think he wants to turn it into a UFO! Oh well, it could be worse...

Yesterday I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and went for a walk at the Wyndham Land Trust in Pomfret Center, just a couple of driveways down from my mom's house. The property used to belong in my family on the Noon side. I remember taking walks with my parents when I was little. My dad loved that property. It was perfect! You could see where the Mashmoquet Brook overflowed the banks; all the grass was pushed down. It's true, Mother Nature wins every time, doesn't she? I also took some pics too.


Hoof prints in the mud near the Mashmoquet Brook

The pile toward the back of the pic shows how much was pushed back from the brook A tiny egg I found alongside its nest. It was a coral color. Poor thing.
The bird's nest I found on the ground with the tiny egg nearby
I love barns. This barn was used by my grandparents and my dad when they lived on the land that is now Wyndham Land Trust. I always loved the Weeping Willow next to the barn.

A bee's nest in a tree, still hanging there!

Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment